SY23-24 Senior Capstone Mentors
The registration deadline for this event has passed.
This is a chance for your EDD, BI, and Common Capstone students to work side-by-side with industry professionals as they tackle challenging problems in your class. Mentors will be able to provide expert guidance, coaching on skills, and introduce your students to helpful resources. They will also help students build their social capital and connect their learning with future careers.
More information and FAQs here
Student handout here
How Does It Work?
- Fill out the registration form above by October 27th.
- Students submit mentor requests November 1-8. Mentors will select teams (EDD/CC) or classes (BI) to mentor based on your student submissions. Requests will include:
- EDD/CC: project summary (~150 words), completed problem proposal (example here)
- BI: summary (~250 words) on how students intend to engage mentors, and what they hope to learn
- Mentors review requests and select teams/classes by late-November*
- Students meet with mentors at least one a month (either virtual or in-person during class time, supervised by teachers) and correspond via email as needed**
- Students will get further encouraging feedback by submitting projects to Student Industry Connects
- Students and mentors will get to celebrate together by attending the Applied Learning Showcase on May 10th in Boston
*NOTE: we have a limited number of mentors and matches are not guaranteed.
**Please follow the policies and procedures outlined by your district for non-school staff who work directly with students. One8 will provide teachers with names/contact info for industry mentors by will not connect students with mentors directly